Part two is a live, five-day session. It’s a dynamic, interactive, educational experience in which physicians engage in a small group setting with our Age Management Medicine expert. You will immerse yourself in the evidence-based curriculum of Age Management Medicine and on the final day utilize actual patient case studies to explore the practical aspects of case management. Following these sessions, the physician takes a comprehensive competency test online.
On-site course curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Age Management Medicine
- Fitness Programs in Clinical Practice and Principles of Exercise Training
- Aerobic Exercise and VO2 Max Assessment
- Principles of Resistance Training
- Interval Training Programs
- General Principles of Nutrition Management
- Hormonal and Non-Hormonal Strategies for Optimal Body Composition
- Controlling Systemic Inflammation
- Central Control of Body Weight and Appetite
- Metabolic Consequences of the Transition from the Ancestral Diet to Modern Day Diet
- Non Dietary Approaches to Weight Management
- Differential Effects of Low Fat and Low Carbohydrate Diets on Cardio Metabolic Parameters
- Novel Strategies for Improving Weight Loss
- Clinical Management of Hormone Therapy and Case Studies
- Care of the Aging Male – How to Assess for Hormonal Deficiencies
- Menopause/Perimenopause – Risks & Benefits of Hormonal Replacement Therapies
- Thyroid – What do the Studies Tell Us?
After these modules are complete, you will transition to Part 3 .
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Foundation for Care Management (FCM) and Foundation for Healthy Age Management. The Foundation for Care Management is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.